Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home Blessings




My attention lately has been focused on what I call "blessing my home." For so long I have looked at this tiny sweet house with a scowl. We still cannot really afford it, but God has provided thus far and if He continues to provide, which I believe He will, I might as well learn to love it. When I was 21, I bought this townhome as an investment....and here, 5 years later, I am finally seeing its potential. Little by little I am going to make this my cozy hole.


I have learned the art of daily tidying. From a quick sweep or vaccuum of the floors, to a deep down scrub- there is much to be said for doing some everyday as opposed to my wait until weekend cleaning spree that never gets finished.


Besides the daily tidy, I have also started performing simple blessings throughout the week. This could be something as simple as praying over different rooms, lighting a scented candle, or spritzing fresh linen with lavender spray (thank you Sam Hays!)


Other blessings-
Refreshing and fluffing lounging blankets


Rearranging decor and leaving little surprises (like the hope garland or burlap flower)




Cleaning off the refrigerator magnets (homemade tutorial to come later) and putting new photos of family or nice quotes up

Opening the windows and blinds and letting the house have some fresh O2

I find that these little nuances are refreshing in their simplicity. These days, simplicity is my motto- the place I strive to reach. I realize a simple life is not the absence of stress or responsibility, but the presence of peace and comfort in the midst of both.

A glimpse of the kitchen.



Here's wishing some simplicity for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment