Sunday, May 10, 2009

and oh how my heart did fly!

I have had quite a day. We were so blessed to be able to take Madelyn to baby dedication at CMC. it was our first normal outing as a family and let me tell you....it felt so good! she wore an outfit that was made up of fruit loop colors and said "I am mommys dream come true." Oh, if she only knew! I cried from the moment we left the driveway. It was all just so overwhelming. My first Mother's day...earlier than I thought it would be....more precious than I could have ever imagined!

Walking out onto that stage i have spent so much time upon...I was struck with a strange realization. First, the last time I had been on the stage, singing with the worship team for the Hooked Up event, I was 32 weeks pregnant and sick (though I didn't realize it). It became so real to me in the few steps it took to cross the stage and look out at the congregation. She isn't even supposed to be here now. Still, I was holding her, she was sleeping with one arm cocked under her cheek and the other thrown back behind her head. We stood up there promising to pray and lead her to the Lord...so that she would love Him, give her life to Him, and know Him well. but, like I was telling someone earlier, I think she already knows Him well...I believe that, while I was surprised by her early arrival, she and God were long preparing for it. I also believe taht in the time she was in the Nicu, He met her there...He was loving on her when we couldn't be there. He was whispering His sweet song into her ear, He was healing her tiny body...and she has already begun her relationship with Him.

So, I cried. The entire dedication. I actually made an audible sob. but I wasn't sad...I was in awe. of the entire experience I have just come through...of the tiny miracle I get to love so much...of the faithfullness of my God. He has brought us so far, and through so much and there we were, our unique little family, in front of our precious church family...and oh how my heart did fly in that moment.

Nothing, not money, not peanut mms, not a bestselling novel, not any of my lesser dreams will ever come close to this dream that has now come true.

the rest of the day was just as glorious. Maddy spent most of the day on my chest, which is where she needs to be if we are going to ace this nursing thing. we took a two our nap...which was mutually satisfying. we both woke up hungry and a little cranky, but soon cheered up. We spent time with family, ate yummy-licious food...ahh...I just cannot find one thing wrong with this day, other than it is almost over!

but i plan on spending the rest of it on the couch, with hubby and baby, watching good movies and eating peanut mms.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect first Mother's Day. Can't wait to hear about the first Father's Day!! Praying continued blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete