Thursday, June 10, 2010

I request that you create!!!

Hello little lovers of words and phrases. Haters of the split infinitive and dangling (gasp) modifier!!! How are your participles?? Since I last called upon you for the daunting task of writing creatively with me on this blog, I hope you have been finding time to make words do your bidding!

Tonight, I want to do another prompt. This time, it will be less open-ended. You just take the first three sentences given here and turn it into a story. We will maintain the same rules and requests. I would love you to comment on a few other submissions as well as submitting your own. Nothing but positive critiques tonight.

Are you ready?? Let's try for a 100 word limit on this one.

Your prompt- A man approaches you on the streets of a small town you have only visited once before. You attempt to maneuver around him but he blocks your way. He catches your eye and your breath goes cold in your lungs.



now go!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. After having a lovely dinner with Phillip and the other guys, I was walking down Cardinal Street on the way back to the motel where I was staying while visiting my cousin, Lydia. The town of Westwalk was rather small, and it was the only motel that didn't smell. A man approached me and tried to step out of his way but he blocked me. I looked to see whom it was, and my breath went cold.
    Seeing his dark, beady eyes made my heart pound and I tried to run. He caught me and drug me into a dark alley. I was afraid, it can't end like this, I thought. I was wrong.
    This attacker was no stranger, either. "What do you want Micheal?" I said through closed teeth. "I want you," he replied coldly, "forever." I knew there was a reason I broke up with this freak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I tried to avoid his eyes, they caught me and held me in their kind grey gaze. He recognized something in me at the same exact moment I recognized something in him. He was family, although he appeared the farthest thing from it in his ripped jeans, tattooed arms and slightly stained dark navy hoodie. That chiseled jawline, prominent brow and sideways grin told me everything I needed to know. My father had escaped this “town square to nowhere” just 40 years earlier, but on a haphazard trip to revisit my roots – I had come face to face with a long lost cousin. The spitting image of my daddy and his brother rolled into one, my husband was bewildered when I hugged this complete stranger around the neck and even more so when I invited him to join us for a drink.

    ReplyDelete