Thursday, February 10, 2011

This Fear is Not of the Father!

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. Psalm 34:18and19

This week I have found myself mired in sadness for the hurting of people around me. Strangers, even. It seems that with each passing day I hear of another tragic story...a sick and dying child, an ailing parent, a baby born too soon, loss of jobs, loss of trust. And, though it brings tears to my eyes and douses me in sadness, I think of how it must break the Father's heart. For, though He is sovereign, and all powerful, His heart breaks for His children, He mourns for their suffering, and He longs to be called upon to be our rescuer.

In my small mind, so much of the pain around me seems senseless and confusing. I cannot see past the earthly emotions and consequences...I cannot see the point.

Still, these phrases resound in my head lately-

"I hold all things together"
"I have gone before you"
"I will be given the glory"
"I have NOT forsaken you"
"I hold you in my hand and you can find rest in me"

In my own moments of weakness, when I begin to bend beneath the weight of my anxiety, fear, empathy, and simple-mindedness, I beg for peace in the knowledge that the whisperings listed above are promises...held true by the one who has redeemed my very soul, who loves my stinking heart, and who continuously defends my helplessness. Oh to only see His faithfulness, to know His plan is perfect, to trust and know Him fully.

For the hearts crumbling around me, for the tears, and the absolute pain, I have the same prayer: That we all lift our eyes above the things we can see and focus on the Father, lovingly waiting to be asked into the mess of our lives.

I hold all of these thoughts tucked so tightly in my heart. I cannot bear it any other way. Let us all fall on Him...trust on Him...and, above all, sing of His enduring love and endless faithfullness.


The name of the Lord is a strong tower, a help in time of need, a refuge for the weary. So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment