Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No Chafing Allowed!


Even the toughest steel beam can bend under intense heat, right?


Well, I try to be tough, but last week was like a truck hitting me head on and backing me up about 5 miles. I had a melt down because my weight loss isn't moving fast enough for me. I called myself horrible names...I think "lard butt" was in there somewhere. Basically, all the things I wrote about NOT doing in my last post. Such a winner there!!


Ah, we all fall flat on our faces sometimes!



Beyond that, I am so aggravated that I have to use Lanacane on my "rubbing" places when I run. I mean...ugh. I picture those balloons in the commercials...their little balloon legs rubbing together and making that squeaky noise...yeah, those are my thighs. How glamorous can I be, seriously?



All of that goes away once I am halfway through my run and feeling like I could take on a large dog, or nefarious thug with one hand tied behind my back and one eye patched up like a pirate. I am that sure of myself. Then, the lanacane doesn't matter...the fact that the scale hasn't moved in over a week doesn't matter. I am conquering my little world step by step. It's okay.



You know me, though...I couldn't just let this be. So, I went and checked out my homeboy Byron Richard's plan for jump starting weight loss. I will post it here. This is all taken from his website, http://www.wellnessresources.com/.


I am starting this today and plan to do it today and tomorrow, eat a small dinner Thursday- Sunday, and start again on Monday. It will require discipline...but I think I can do it!!



In addition to losing weight this program helps shrink the size of your stomach and get you out of a metabolic rut. This plan is simple and easy to follow.

The Plan – Phase 1
Your basic meal is 1 ½ scoops of protein powder mixed with 1 heaping tablespoon of either of a fiber product (I use milled flax found at Kroger). These are mixed in the beverage of your choice, such as 2% milk, rice milk, almond milk, vegetable juice, or 50% fruit juice/50% water (stay away from soy milk as it slows down your metabolism). This is your meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

You may blend a serving of fruit into your drink or mix it with a spoon and have the piece of fruit afterwards. You may have coffee or tea with breakfast and lunch, but not dinner. You may have cream or half and half in your coffee or tea. You may not have any sweetener in your coffee or tea, natural or otherwise.Ideally, this is all you eat for the first three days. There is NO SNACKING of any kind between meals or at night. The first day or two is always the hardest, especially at night. Use your willpower, after several days you will be amazed that most of your cravings are totally gone.

On your fourth day, have a dinner. Your dinner can be in the range of 400 to 500 calories. Eat one 4 – 6 ounce portion of any lean protein or 2% cottage cheese. Two servings of vegetables. One serving of complex carbohydrate. One bite of dessert (or none).
You should now notice that you get a full signal eating this amount of food. If not, get away from the table and go do something, paying attention to your watch to see how long it takes for the full signal to come (without eating more). How long it takes to get a full signal is exactly how bad leptin is still whacked out in you. This means do another four days, and repeat the test on the forth day. Once you get a normal full signal eating a normal amount of food, then you are ready to move on.

Phase 2

Decide how much weight you want to lose and the rate you want to go. You can either do two protein/fiber drinks per day, usually breakfast and lunch, and then eat a 400 to 500 calorie dinner or you can do the three protein/fiber drinks and eat a dinner every other day or every third day.
If you have a social event coming up then plan your meal day to coincide with that event. If you end up eating more than the 400 to 500 calories, then exercise more the following day. Do not get off track.

Phase 3
Once you’ve done this for three to four weeks then either continue Phase 2 as long as you wish, or go to one protein/fiber drink at breakfast and two meals per day.
You should notice that you feel full and energized on the 400 to 500 calorie meals, you have no desire to snack or eat after dinner at night, and you continue to lose weight if weight loss is needed. If you find yourself back in a bad eating pattern, go back to Phase 2 – or if needed Phase 1.

So, not really easy...but I think this is what I need to really get things moving again.


Taking my Greens and Thermofit daily is helping tremendously...I can tell a difference in my sustained energy level (not like a caffeine high) and my body just feels stronger. Those greens will get you a full 8 servings of fruits and veggies in just two tiny scoops, so I am not missing out on those while doing this jump start diet.




I have done 6 Ultimate Body Applicators so far and lost 9.5 inches total off of my mid-section (measuring in three spots). Beyond the inch loss, I am so excited to see my stretch marks disappearing and my skin looking happier than ever! I think my belly button smiled at me the other day!
This is not my stomach...sheesh...I am not THAT honest!! but...shows a little of what these wraps do.


So, here I go...off on another adventure...I will catch you on the flip side!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment