Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Decoupage and Decoupage....and Decoupage- Eggs!!!

So, I went a little crazy with my trust Mod Podge today!

I wanted to make little decoupaged plastic eggs for decor around the house. So, I grabbed a small bag of eggs from the Dollar Store and some scraps of designer paper and went to work. I cut all sizes and shapes of paper strips and dunked them into Mod Podge with a teaspoon of water mixed into it then started to piece them together onto each egg.

Cute, yeah?

And SUPER easy! The fun part was getting the glue all over my hands and getting to peel it off later.




The next project is one I just came up with one night in bed. A simple concept and one I love but want to elaborate upon next year!

Once again, main ingredients are Mod Podge and Scrap paper.

Starting off, I free-handed an egg on white card stock and cut out three of them for the three black frames I also bought at Dollar Store.


Then I cut strips of paper, sometimes with fancy edges, and started to glue them one on top of the other.



Once the egg was covered...I just flipped it over and cut off the edges.


Then, I brushed Mod Podge over the finished product for a decoup look!


Frame, and Voila!






Sort of cute, right? I thought so! And super fun and easy!

1 comment: