Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yes, Another heart wreath tutorial- just REALLY simple!!!

So, this project started out a MESS! I had no idea what I was trying to accomplish with yarn and a heart form.

It turned into something I actually quite like.


This is so simple:
Buy a foam heart wreath, two or three colors of yarn, and a complementing organza ribbon. I also kept the hot glue gun and straight pins nearby.

Then you simply start to wrap the yarn. I wrapped the entire form in plain white, using a dot of glue to hold it fast. I filed down the pointier parts of the heart to make wrapping easier and used hot glue on those areas also to help the ribbon stick. You will see that in a photo later on.

After the form was completely covered in white, I took my browns and pinks and just started to haphazardly twist them around, crossing over one another, with very little thought, actually!


You will see below that I had to double back a bit on the pointier parts...I tried like fifteen different ways to get these parts wrapped. If you find a better way, let me know!



Then, using an approx. 18 inch section of the brown ribbon, I wrapped that from the middle point all the way around clockwise.



Finish with a simple bow and loop and voila! Nothing fancy at all!




Wish I would have better positioned the bow in these photos...but you get the idea.
I love the way it looks in my living room!! Sweet little wreath!


No comments:

Post a Comment