Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Day Late, A Diecut Short

Okay, so shoot me. I haven't been a consistent blogger this past week.

I have been busy- just not busy crafting. I did get one easy project done.

A simple spring garland, made from scraps.


I used scrapbook paper, felt, multicolored plastic buttons in different sizes and styles, and a little yarn.

I will use a circle diecut next time to make this more consistent, but here is basically what I did.

Measure the length of yarn or twine that you will need.
Pick a color pallette. Mine was mostly pink, brown, and green...but the buttons are all colors.
Cut circles from your paper and felt in varying sizes, making sure there are at least 6 of each pattern/color per size to match up.
Begin at one end of the yarn. Pick two pieces of felt and glue them back to back with the yarn in between. I just put a dot of glue on one piece, stuck the yarn into the glue, then pressed the other piece of felt onto the glue until set.
Follow the same steps for your scrapbooking circles and buttons.
I didn't follow a pattern, but just alternated- felt, paper, buttons, paper, felt, buttons, etc.
Then I just hung it on the mantle!


                      

I had a lot of scraps left over so I made this little confetti garland.

 

Same story here. I just cut the yarn into varying lengths.

This was a dry run. Like I said, I will use a diecut next time to make better circles. I hand cut all of these and it was a mess! I will try another one for Summer with more vivid colors also!

See? I took the time to do one little craft. I am in the middle of another- the yarn wreaths. More to come on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment