Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BITA- Basking In The Ambience

In October of 2008, only 8 weeks pregnant with Maddy, I was introduced to a zany group of 9th graders. Our first adventure together was Tacos and a Movie- a name they still make fun of. But, I thought it was creative. They watched me shovel in two plates of taco salad, making fun of me for that too, and then we watched Ella Enchanted. I didn't know their stories, I barely knew their names...but they were funny and smart and uniquely beautiful.

Today, we have a co-leader, Katie, who is a perfect partner in crime and ministry! I know those sound mutually exclusive...but as we always say: we may be the worst small group leaders ever. Not really...but we do like to have fun. Our main goal with this group of girls? Love them and point them to Christ. It is a simple mission with many parts and big consequences.

So these are the girls at our latest adventure out at the field at CMC. Being goofy and fun as usual. We are missing two (C and K), though. We will do another photo session soon! I promise!

Basically, I get to hang out with these amazing women. And they like to tell me they love me and send me funny texts and dance with me....but mostly they just change my life and my heart a little bit everyday...and in the end, I will be better for loving them!

I know Katie feels the same way. So, BITA- here are the things we want you to remember:
You are the daughters of a King- rejoice in your own royalty and act like princesses.
You are unique and special and that means you may not always fit in. That's okay. Katie and I didn't always fit in either...and you guys still think we are cool. :)
God expects a lot from you. He wants you to be brave, smart, and holy in your daily choices and actions. He also knows you will fail, and that is when you get to experience His precious grace.
You are responsible for loving others...and loving them with purpose. Give your time and energy to those who need to know God....they will see Him in you.
You rock. Plain and simple. You are all amazing and gorgeous and funny and talented and Katie and I are priviledged to be on this journey with you.


Where my BITAs at?

No comments:

Post a Comment