Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scrap Paper Bird Mobile Tutorial


This was a fun, easy project.

Tools:

Two-sided scrapbook paper
Mod Podge (of course!)
Sharp scissors
rhinestones
yarn or twine
embroidery hoop
brown organza ribbon
hole punch

I started with a fancy little bird template that I hand drew from a photo I found online.
Then I traced it onto different patterned scraps of paper.


Once all of my bird shapes were cut out, I started free cutting little wings (think the shape of a basic flower pedal) in contrasting colors and variations of shape and glued a pair of wings to each side of the bird.


Then, you guessed it! Time to Mod Podge...and have I mentioned how much I love this stuff??

Time to glue on eyes, hole punch, and tie with yarn or twine.

I used the embroidery hoop to hang the birds by threading the yarn ends through the two layers of the hoop and tightening.

Then, measuring equal lengths of ribbon, I tied four bows to the hoop and looped the ribbon at the top to hang.

Finished product:

Hope you make it!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and cool...
    the possibilities are endless... my 4 yr old would love a dinosaur silhouette one... LOL! I'll have to think on this a bit!

    Thanks for the tut.

    ReplyDelete